Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Winter Reprieve

Last night it was hard to sleep as the wild wind howled outside my window. The flag pole in the courtyard along with the trees were battling it out with the wind throughout the night as I peered through the blinds of my bedroom. I thought I might awake this morning to find them all uprooted but they managed to stand victorious through the night.

The rain in Seattle has been falling with little pause this last week and winter seems to be making herself known. Sometimes it is hard to appreciate the true beauty and blessing of this winter weather, but I have to keep reminding myself that sights like this only come after the rain.

Just a little glimpse of what awaits us on the other side of winter. The bright, warm beauty of a world waking up from a long winters nap. So hang in there my friends for soon we will be frolicing in the tulip fields!

1 comment:

Kristen Gough said...

Wonderful! Encouraging! I can't wait!
:)