Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Joys of Summer

I have found that there are many lessons to be learned from the way the earth moves through the four season. Each season with its own unique pace. And with the recent stretch of amazing weather in Seattle I am reveling in the joys of summer and soaking in the lessons that this season has to to teach me.

If I had to sum up all that summer is in one word I think that word would have to be Freedom. Everything about summer seems to be an ivitation to abandon any worry and find rest in the simple things. There are more hours of daylight to enjoy, the weather warmer to beckon us outdoors, fewer obligations to keep us from the things we love. I find it easier to live in the moment during summer.
I know that these days hold rare and wonderful treasures that will fade a way more quickly then I would like. So I will sit in each of these moments and let them make their mark deep in my heart and memory. This morning I woke up feeling so happy and content. In part because I have been so blessed during these last few weeks. The summer is still so young and already I have had enough wonderful memories to make my heart overflow.

Sitting by the lake enjoying dinner and ice cream with friends.

Laughing and leaping in a grassy field as we tossy the frisbee.

Canoeing amongst a maze of waterlilies.

Making friends with a playful seal pup while kayaking.

Dancing with sparklers in hand under an almost full moon.

Long walks up and down the hills of my neighborhood.

Reading on a grassy hill in the warm sun.

Ferry rides with the wind in our hair.

Looking forward to making more memories and enjoying all that summer has to offer!

1 comment:

Kristen Gough said...

such a great post, bree! i love your photos...you and melanie look so beautiful riding that ferry in the sunshine. i hope you have a wonderful weekend!