Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Bags Aren't Packed, But I'm Ready To Go


Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I will make my way from my little apartment in Seattle and arrive a few hours later in my hometown of Huntington Beach, CA. I have been longing for some travels. A chance to escape from work and responsibility to spend my days with loved ones enjoying a good laugh or a hug that I have been craving.

The majority of my long weekend will be spent with my family. Celebrating my moms birthday, meeting my sister's new kittens, and laughing so hard that my side aches with the best kind of pain. My mom and I are even planning a trip to Disneyland to satisfy the little girl that still lives in each of us. My dad, unfortunately, will be working during most of my visit, but I will see him enough to get lots of hugs (he gives great hugs).

And there will be time for old friends too. Time to catch up, an activity that the distance between Seattle and Huntington Beach robs us of. Time to celebrate to milestones that have come up in the months since we were last together. Old memories will be visited and laughter will most definitely flow.

I feel thankful on the eve of my journey home. Thankful for a life that is so rich in love. Thankful for a family that means more to me than words can say. Thankful for the faithfullness of friends who have walked with me so many years. Ah, I am blessed indeed!

No comments: