Friday, December 15, 2006

Dusting off the old keyboard

This past week I received a message from a dear old friend who told me that she missed reading my blog and hoped that I would begin to post again. I am not entirely sure why it has been so long since my last post. I suppose there are many reasons. Work gets busy. Thoughts feel too muffled to even begin the task of writing them out. The calendar fills up with activities and before you know it months pass you by.

As I look back at the past year of blogging I love to read back over old posts and remember the things that have been thinking about this year, the places I have been, the adventure I have had. It's like a journal, only better. Not only my thoughts are captured here but photographs and encouraging words from friends. What a treasure to have such a cronicle of the past year. I feel a desire stirring in my heart to rededicate myself to writing more frequently on this little blog of mine.

But first I think an apology is due.

My dear Blog,
I am so sorry that I have neglected you so these past few months. I have missed you and the space you give me to explore my own thoughts and hopes and fears. You have been so gracious to humor my little ramblings on life. There are no excuses that are good enough to forgive my negligence. Please except this apology for my absence and know that I will do my best to mend my ways.

Yours Truly,

Bree

No comments: