Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Countdown is Coming

It is so hard for me to believe that at this time tomorrow I will be preparing to countdown the seconds before the clock strikes midnight when one year will end and another one begins. I always remembered hearing adults talking about how they felt like the years just keep going by faster and faster when I was a kid. It always sounded like such a strange idea to me, but now I fully understand what they were talking about. It seems like just yesterday I was ringing in 2006 and thinking up "New Year's Resolutions."

I was just looking back on a post I made at the beginning of the year to reflect on my 2006 resolutions and see how I did. And I was pleased. My resolutions weren't your traditional laundry list of specific things to accomplish, but rather a few key ideas I wanted to find ways of embracing. This year I focused on community, creativity and courage.

I can see so many ways in which these 3 things were fulfilled throughout the year. Many new friends entered my life, as did commitments toward being a more active participant in my existing communities (co-leading a bible study for college women at my church and being a regular in the worship ministry also). I spent time working on new songs and being more diligent about playing my guitar daily. I also branched out in my knitting and moved from simply making scarves to knitting hats as well. Could a sweater be on the horizon in 2007? And courage played a part in all these things as I stepped out from the comfortable and familiar to see what joy could be found in the glorious unknown.

I have already begun to contemplate what I would like to work on in 2007. And seeing how well 2006 went I am eager to begin anew and see what adventures lie ahead. Blessings to all as you reflect on the closing of another year and hope for what awaits us in the next!

1 comment:

Kristen Gough said...

Congrats on a great year in 2006, Bree! I'm sure this coming year will be just as fruitful and fun. Happy New Year!