Monday, April 09, 2007

An Easter Tradition

One thing that I truly love about holidays are the traditions. Since moving to Seattle and being aways from my family for many holidays I have been able to create some new traditions for myself and friends. The Easter tradition that I love the most is my annual trip to Skagit Valley to see the tulip fields in bloom.


This year I was joined by Andrea (our 3rd trip together) and Holly (a new comer to the tradition). We started the morning with some tasty gingerbread waffles at my house, then church before heading off to see the tulips. While the weather in Seattle seemed promising in the morning the further north we went the more ominous the sky became. It was quite cold and windy but we still managed to have fun and enjoy the beautiful display. It only started pouring rain when we were just about done making the trek around the field.





Rain or shine the tulips are always an amazing sight.




2 comments:

sandra said...

so beautiful! you've motivated me to visit the field down here this weekend. i'll try to post pics afterward.

lindsey starr said...

what a beautiful sight! I went out for a walk with my family for easter too.... and it was freezing cold, but beautiful and sunny, and worth every moment.

Your photos show how striking the tulips are there. I had no idea there were such beautiful tulip fields in Seattle! Thank you for sharing the wonderful tradition you have created.