Tuesday, April 03, 2007

When Dreams Collide

Today many Seattle dining establishments are doing a very important thing and donating part (25%) of all sales to relief efforts in Darfur. For more info go to www.dinefordarfur.org. So to support this event the girls from the office and I made a trip to Caffe Fiore (one of the participatng establishments) this morning. It was great to get out of the office for a short time to be in the bright sunshine and do something good for the world, not to mention our tummies. It was my newest co-worker, kate's, first trip to Fiore and as the friendly barista handed up our delicious lattes Kate commented on the hand-stamped cups. Who knew that this would bring about the collision of a dream that both Kate and I share.


I responded to Kate's observation by saying that, someday, when I own my own cafe that I would do the same. Kate then told me that she dreamed of one day owning a cafe too. And as we shared our visions we both became really excited that we shared the same thoughts and ideas of what we wanted our cafe to be like. So right there on the spot we decided that we should pursue this dream together.

Could it be fate that on the day after posting about pursuing one dream that I should find a friend who shares the same passion and excitment for opening a cafe? While it will take a lot of effort and financing to make this dream come true I am excited at the thought of pursuing it and seeing what unfolds from here. Kate would be an amazing business partner because family once owned a bakery so she is talented in the art of baking (for everyone likes a sweet treat with their coffee) and knows what goes into running a small business. I will do more considering if this is the "one" dream that I pour myself into, but I must say it seems quite promising. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: