Monday, February 13, 2006

Spring Cleaning Came Early

When I woke up on Saturday morning to the sun shining and the birds chirping something in me just needed to clean. And for anyone who knows me well this is a very unusual phenomenon. So I got out of bed and began to work on cleaning my room. My closet has this weird habit of spewing nearly its entire content on the floor, so the first order of business was to clear the floor for some much needed vacuuming. Another part of clearing the floor was sorting through all the paper (the majority of which was credit card offers and junk mail that piles up).

I am a little shocked an appalled by the amount of junk mail in my apartment! It is such a waste of paper, money, and time (considering I spent a few hours just on shredding credit card offers and other stuff with personal info on it). I am going to do some searching on the internet today to see if I can't find some sort of way to stop this ridiculous junk mail, or at least to decrease it significantly. By the way I ended up with two trashbags full of shredded paper for recycling!

I vacuumed, dusted, boxed up some clothing to give to charity, organized my desk, took out the trash and recycling, and did 5 loads of laundry. I felt so accomplished by the end. I still have more organizing to do but I think I really got the big of things I wanted to accomplish done. Next I need to tackle my storage unit down in the basement. I want to get it organized so I can actually get to everything that is in there. Hopefully I came keep this momentum going.

I also found a few treasure in my cleaning endevour. Among them a Starbucks giftcard for $5.

No comments: