Friday, January 02, 2009

The Beginning of a Year of Change

It is January again! 2009! I can hardly believe that another fresh, new year is upon us. They seem to pass so quickly. And as I get used to the act of writing 09 in the date I have been thinking about how I want to spend this year. It looks as if it will be a year of great change in my life. I have been contemplating a move to Hawaii in the fall, after over 8 years in Seattle. There have been many things to confirm that this is the path that I should go down and with that in mind there are so many things that come to mind of things I need to do if I am to make that huge leap of faith.

I could bore you with my list of to-do's. Buy less/save more, work on resume, sell/donate unnecessary belongs, etc. But those are just the things that will make the logistics of this huge change/move more managable. What about the feelings that come to the surface? There are more than just clothes, books and kitchen gadgets to sort through. Seattle has been my home for close to a decade now. The friends that I have made here have become my family. I have put down significant roots in this town and it may be hard to uproot them. But in spite of any heartache there is also great excitement and joy at the possibilities that lay ahead. Something tells me there will be many more posts on this topic this year.

So Happy New Year friends! I am hopeful that it will be rich year for us all.

2 comments:

Lee said...

i think it's clear that you'll just have to take all your friends (and especially acquaintances) to hawaii with you. i know it'll be expensive but it really is the best way.

Kristen Gough said...

definitely keep us posted! i am excited to see what God has in store for you this year, bree!