Tuesday, April 04, 2006

And Here Are The Words

These are the lyrics to the song I shared this past Sunday at church.

Break Me
by Bree Aseltine

I have been waving my hands and kicking my feet in the battle for my will
But you have been calling me, and calling me, and you are calling me still
You are asking the hardest thing and the thing I least want to do
But I know I must give my heart and my will up to you

Break Me
Mold me and make me
Into what you desire (2xs)

I have been building and strengthening these walls I’ve placed around my heart
Fortified with the comforts of sin and my own brand of counterfeit light
I have been keeping you out for fear of what you will do
But I’ve come to hate this prison so now I am crying out to you

Lord you are cutting away all the filth that has blackened this heart
Lord you are placing my life of the anvil and shattering my pride
You send your refiners fire to burn away the drose that clings to me
Please purify my heart, cleanse my sinful ways, and burn me till I’m free

No comments: