Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It is official, I have scheduled a vacation

After months of longing to take a trip somewhere I finally got a plane ticket. In April I will be off to Chicago to visit my dear friend Amanda, her husband Koji and their dog Penny (who is a new addition to the family since my last visit). It will just be for a long weekend but I am so excited. We talked on the phone last night to brain storm ideas for activities and I can't wait.


This picture is from my last visit. I treated Amanda and Koji to a Cubs game for being such great hosts. I think we may try to go to another Cubs game since my visit will coinside with the start of Baseball season. We also discussed a trip to the Shedd Aquarium. Amanda tells me it is like an indoor Sea World.

But mostly I am just looking forward to the time we will share just talking and catching up on life. I have known Amanda longer than any other friend I have. We have many stories in our 15 year history. This friend has been by my side for many important milesotnes in my life. As I see where I am now in life I think I owe much credit to my dear friend. After all I would never have known that SPU existed or fallen in love with Seattle if it weren't for Amanda. It is amazing how the presence of one person in your life can have such a strong impact. I am blessed by this friendship and excited to add some new stories to our history in April.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Oooo Chicago! I love Chicago. There are so many things to do and see. You will love the Shedd Aquarium....it's beautiful inside. :)

Anonymous said...

My dear, dear Bree...thanks so much for the sweet things you wrote in your blog today. I am also so blessed by our friendship and can't wait to spend time with you face-to-face in April. I love you dear friend!
Amanda