Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Hope of Things to Come

Since the start of the new year I have been filled with a hopefulness that had been missing in the last few months of 2006. I was talking to my dear friend Melanie about the strange sensation of joy returning to my heart and she smiled and said it was because hope has returned.

The past few days of sunshine have reminded me of the hopefulness in waiting for the spring. I know that soon the temperature will be warming, trees will return to their leafy grandeur and tiny blossoms of color will push through the soil. I think that this is a beautiful metaphor for the seasons of life. While it is guaranteed that we will know seasons of lose and disappointment it is just as sure that we will push through those seasons to know hope and peace once again.

I am so thankful for the way that God uses nature to teach me His truth, remind me of His faithfulness. I still have so many questions about the future and the things that await me there, but for now I think I will just rest in the peace of a heart full of hope.

2 comments:

sandra said...

your blog echoed feelings i also have had recently. spring truly washes away the memories of the weary and dark days of winter. i even saw some tulips last week!

Kristen Gough said...

a great post, bree. i'm always encouraged by your transparency. it was great to see you last night!