Monday, January 29, 2007

Do I Dare?

If you have been reading my blog in the past month than you may already know about my longing for Boldness. As I make small steps toward boldness I am realizing more and more that this is a risky undertaking. I am in need of substantial encouragement and nudging if I am to make great strides.

The words of others that have gone before me seem to say that there is little in life that isn't worth the risk.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"To laugh is to risk appearing a fool,
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental
To reach out to another is to risk involvement,
To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self
To place your ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss
To love is to risk not being loved in return,
To hope is to risk despair,
To try is to risk to failure.
But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing.
He may avoid suffering and sorrow, But he cannot learn, feel, change, grow or live.
Chained by his servitude he is a slave who has forfeited all freedom.
Only a person who risks is free." ~William Arthur Ward

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anais Nin

No comments: