Friday, January 26, 2007

The Beauty of This Sight

About 6 years ago I was introduced to one of the most glorious sights I have ever seen, the Skagit Valley carpeted with row upon row for bright and beautiful tulips.


I have made it an annual tradition to make a trip up north every Easter for the past 5 years to celebrate. Last year was particularly beautiful with the contrast of the ominous, gray sky and the brilliant colors on the earth. Only a few more months till the tulips are in bloom again!

It has been a great week of sharing! Thanks so much to all of you out there who joined in the fun. We will all have to do it again sometime. Happy weekend to all!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

So much beauty & color--what a great annual spring tradition! I should make an effort to head up that way, as it's been years. My parents' were married in April & spent their honeymoon in LaConner. :)
Thanks so much for this fun week of favorite senses. I am still a few behind, but will hopefully catch up over the weekend.
Have a great one, Bree!

Isabel said...

I always love to see pictures from the tupil festival. Thanks for sharing.